Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Our Home Planet - What Are Hurricanes?



WALT:  Increase our knowledge by reading a wide range of texts (Article a day - Book of Knowledge)

Today's task was to write sentences about what we learned from the article a day we were assigned to, here is mine. 

 I learned that hurricanes are storms that swirl around and can go at 119 kilometers per hour, which is faster than the fastest land animal, a cheetah.
I also learned that hurricanes are categorized,e.g Category 1: Winds 119-153 km/hr (74-95 mph) - faster than a cheetah which is the one I was talking bout before.
satellite image of a hurricane

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Olivia,

    I am Shriya from Edmund Hillary School Rm11,
    This blog post is really interesting to read. I like how you gave information about hurricanes. Great job, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete